Are you looking for a delicious and healthy snack that is perfect for any time of day? Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies are a perfect treat for you! These cookies are not only easy to make, but they are also gluten-free and vegan.
The ingredients required to make Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies are as follows:
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- ¾ cup of coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup of your favourite jelly or jam
It is important to use quality ingredients to get the best taste and texture for your cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a mixing bowl, cream the peanut butter and coconut sugar together until well mixed.
- Add the flax egg and vanilla extract to the mixture, and mix well.
- Mix in the almond flour and baking soda.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to form balls of dough, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Use your thumb to make an indentation in each cookie, and fill it with jelly or jam.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until they are lightly golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips and tricks for perfect Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies:
- Make sure the peanut butter is at room temperature to make it easier to mix.
- Use a silicone baking mat or parchment paper to prevent the cookies from sticking to the baking sheet.
- Experiment with different types of jelly or jam to find your favourite flavour combination.
There are many variations of Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies. Here are some suggestions:
- Use almond butter instead of peanut butter for a different flavour.
- Use different types of flour such as oat flour or rice flour.
- Add chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the dough for added texture.
Benefits of Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
Not only are these cookies delicious, but they are also healthy. Here are some benefits of Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies:
- Peanut butter is high in protein and healthy fats.
- Almond flour is gluten-free and contains healthy fats and fibre.
- Coconut sugar is a low glycemic sweetener that won’t cause a sugar crash.
Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies are a perfect snack that is easy to make and delicious to eat. Whether you’re vegan or not, you’ll love these cookies. They’re perfect for a midday snack or a sweet treat after dinner.
So why not try making them today? You won’t be disappointed!