If you are a fan of Thai cuisine, then you know that Thai basil chicken stir-fry is one of the most popular dishes that you can find in many Thai restaurants. This spicy and savoury dish is a great way to enjoy the flavours of Thailand in the comfort of your own home. In this article, we will show you how to make a delicious spicy Thai basil chicken stir-fry with rice noodles that you can enjoy with your family and friends.
Before we start cooking, let’s take a look at the ingredients that we will need for this recipe:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chilli pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 8 oz rice noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
Now that we have all the ingredients ready, let’s get started with the recipe.
Step 1: Soak the rice noodles
Start by soaking the rice noodles in a bowl of warm water for about 10 minutes until they become soft.
Step 2: Prepare the chicken and vegetables
In a bowl, mix the sliced chicken with soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, and cornstarch, and let it marinate for at least 10 minutes.
In a wok or a large skillet, heat up the vegetable oil over high heat. Add the minced garlic and chilli pepper and sauté for a few seconds until fragrant. Then, add the sliced onions, red and yellow bell peppers, and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are slightly softened.
Step 3: Cook the chicken
Add the marinated chicken to the skillet and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
Step 4: Add the rice noodles and basil leaves
Drain the soaked rice noodles and add them to the skillet with the chicken and vegetables. Toss everything together and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until the noodles are heated through and well coated with the sauce.
Finally, add the fresh basil leaves and stir-fry for another minute until the basil leaves are wilted and fragrant.
Step 5: Serve and enjoy
Transfer the spicy Thai basil chicken stir-fry with rice noodles to a serving platter and enjoy it hot with your favourite garnish, such as sliced chilli peppers, chopped peanuts, or cilantro.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks that you can use to make the best spicy Thai basil chicken stir-fry with rice noodles:
- If you want to make the dish less spicy, you can remove the seeds from the chilli pepper or use a milder pepper such as jalapeño or Anaheim.
- Make sure to marinate the chicken for at least 10 minutes to allow the flavours to develop and the chicken to become tender.
- When stir-frying the vegetables, make sure to keep them crunchy and not overcooked.
- You can use any type of protein that you prefer, such as beef, pork, shrimp, or tofu, instead of chicken.
- You can also add other vegetables such as mushrooms, broccoli, or carrots to the stir-fry for more flavour and nutrition.
Making a spicy Thai basil chicken stir-fry with rice noodles at home is easier than you think. With just a few ingredients and some simple steps, you can create a delicious and authentic Thai dish that will impress your guests and your taste buds. This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a weekend meal that you can enjoy with your family and friends.
If you love Thai food, then this spicy Thai basil chicken stir-fry with rice noodles is a must-try dish that you will surely enjoy. The combination of savoury chicken, crunchy vegetables, and fragrant basil leaves, all coated in a spicy and savoury sauce, is simply irresistible. So, don’t hesitate to give this recipe a try and experience the taste of Thailand in your own kitchen.