If you’re looking for a dessert that’s sweet, tangy, and absolutely delicious, then look no further than lemon and blueberry cheesecake bars with a graham cracker crust. These bars are perfect for any occasion, from a family get-together to a dinner party with friends. In this article, we’ll teach you everything you need to know to make these delicious treats at home.
What You’ll Need
To make lemon and blueberry cheesecake bars with a graham cracker crust, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Whipped cream (optional)
Here’s how to make lemon and blueberry cheesecake bars with graham cracker crust:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2: Make the crust
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9×9-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Step 3: Make the filling
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
Step 4: Bake the bars
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheesecake is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Step 5: Serve and enjoy
- Once chilled, cut the cheesecake into bars.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened before beginning.
- Use fresh blueberries for the best flavour.
- Let the cheesecake bars cool and chill before serving for the best texture.
- Substitute raspberries or strawberries for blueberries.
- Use a different type of cookie for the crust, such as Oreos or Nilla Wafers.
- Add a layer of lemon curd on top of the cheesecake for extra tanginess.
Lemon and blueberry cheesecake bars with graham cracker crust are a delicious and easy dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. With a tangy lemon and blueberry filling and a sweet graham cracker crust, these bars are sure to be a hit with everyone who tries them. Try making them at home today and see for yourself!