Chicken satay salad is a delicious and healthy dish that is perfect for those who are looking for a light yet satisfying meal. This dish combines the flavors of traditional chicken satay with the freshness of a salad, making it a perfect choice for a summer lunch or dinner.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- Cilantro, for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, peanut butter, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the marinade. Toss to coat and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, bell pepper, red onion, peanuts and cilantro. Add the cooked chicken and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- For added flavor, you can also add some chopped pineapple or cucumber to the salad.
- If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can adjust the amount of brown sugar in the marinade to your liking.
- For a more filling dish, you can serve the salad over rice or noodles.
Per Serving (1/4 of the recipe):
- Calories: 364
- Total Fat: 24.2g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Sodium: 977mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 11.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3g
- Sugar: 7.3g
- Protein: 27.3g
In conclusion, this chicken satay salad is a perfect balance of flavors and nutrients. It is easy to make and can be customized to suit your personal taste preferences. Give it a try and see for yourself why it is a great alternative to traditional chicken satay.