Summer caprese salad with peaches and burrata
A fantastic, rich salad that makes the most of summer's bounty.
- 2 Peaches
- 1 cup Cherries
- 300g burrata (or mozzarella di bufala)
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slices
- 1 small bunch fresh mint
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- a few handfuls of mixed spring greens
- 1-2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
Pit and slice the peaches into bite-sized pieces. Halve and pit the cherries. Remove the leaves from the basil and mint stems, and slice/tear them into smaller pieces.
In a large salad bowl, toss the greens, fruit, and fresh herbs with the olive oil and salt + pepper. Gently tear the burrata into a few chunks and set on top. Scatter with toasted almond slices and serve immediately.